it’s been a while, i know. months and months. well, i'm sort of back, at least for one post. it's the happiest most wonderful time of the year again! and i love it. and i’ve been baking like crazy (but too lazy to post them here). well... here’s one i'll share because i actually have a photo for it. this has become one of my favorite holiday treat and will for sure be a regular come this time of the year. it is so good and that's probably because i’m a pecan pie fan.
so if you're up to some baking this weekend, feel free to make these. you never know, these may become one of your favorites too, if not already! enjoy and happy baking! :)
mini pecan tarts
recipe adapted from better homes & garden
cream cheese pastry:
- 1/2 (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- preheat oven to 325 degrees F. for pastry, in a mixing bowl beat the 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until combined. stir in the flour. press a rounded teaspoon of pastry evenly into the bottom and up the sides of 24 ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin cups.
- for pecan filling, in a bowl beat egg, brown sugar, corn syrup, and the 1 tablespoon melted butter until combined. stir in pecans. spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon of filling into each pastry-lined muffin cup. bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed. cool slightly in pan. carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
makes 24 cookies.