i have to say these are one of the best and easiest pecan bars i've ever made! actually, it's my first ever pecan bars i've ever made. ;) but that's besides the point. the point here is, these are so good, you must make some yourself! the salted caramel is just delish! and that added chocolate on top? yummy! everything about this bar is simply tummy-satisfying good. plus, it's so easy and simple to make with such few ingredients, why not?! so i say go ahead and make some today.
below's the recipe. do say you'll make some and let me know if you agree or disagree? i found this recipe on pinterest, and i'm so glad i did, because it is officially now a christmas/holiday keeper! actually, i may just make some throughout the year too. we'll see! enjoy. :)
these salted caramel chocolate pecan bars really hit the spot. so. good.
another shot of these delicious bars
i think i may have to make another batch of these before christmas!
salted caramel chocolate pecan bars
recipe adapted from southern living
1 cup chopped pecans
12 whole graham crackers
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Line a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease foil. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in prepared pan, slightly overlapping edges.
- Combine sugar, butter, and cream in a medium-size heavy saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and pecans. Pour butter mixture over crackers, spreading to coat.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Immediately top warm bars with the chocolate chips. Let stand 3 minutes, and spread chocolate over bars. Then sprinkle with salt, and slide foil from pan onto a wire rack. Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Then chill for 20 minutes before breaking into bars and serving.
makes 4 dozen. happy eating. :)